The last 3 weeks have been somewhat of a blur for me. The week before school started (and Stuart was already back at work) I started getting headaches and just plain ol' feeling lousy. I attributed the headaches to the weather, even though one night I thought Stuart was going to have to take me to the ER because it was so bad. The Thursday before school started however, I finally gave in and headed to the Urgent Care. I was diagnosed (which I knew would happen) with a Severe Sinus Infection. The doctor then asked me if my ears hurt. I vaguely remember having pain in my ears, but my head over-road ANY other pain I could possibly have at that moment. I couldn't even stand to not have my sunglasses on it was so bad. As it turns out the pressure in my head was so bad that my ear drums were pulling in on the bones in my ears causing even more dizziness than I was having with the sinus infection. He prescribed antibiotics and I was pretty much out of commission for almost the next week.
Well, I finished up the antibiotics last Thursday and by Saturday I was getting vague headaches again. I blew them off hoping they were just headaches. By Sunday night I knew they weren't but by that time the Urgent Care was closed. So, Monday morning back I went and sure enough the first round of antibiotics didn't solve the problem. And so I'm now on round 2 and by Tuesday was starting to feel a little better and by Wednesday was fairly operational which turned out to be good because Phillip came down with a fever on Tuesday night and all day Wednesday was complaining of aches and pains and headaches and wouldn't let me leave his side (he had to be touching my skin at ALL times). He would literally almost have a panic attack if I even went to the bathroom! Thankfully Wednesday is a short school day for us and Stuart was able to take a couple hours off so that I could take him into the doctors.
Did I mention we're having work done on our house as well? Which is another reason Stuart came home. He stayed with Maija and the contractors while I went in. At first they thought Phillip had the flu so they checked for that and also did a CBC to check his white blood cell counts. Thankfully both came back just fine and as it turns out he had a nasty little virus and an ear infection. The fever broke Wednesday in the middle of the night and he's feeling better. However, because of his illness we don't get to go to the Temple because we're fairly certain that Phillip couldn't handle....4 1/2 hours there, at least 3 hours in the Temple (and staying at a Stake Center with someone he doesn't know since he really won't let me out of his sight), time to eat and then 4 1/2 hours back. I'm sad we don't get to go, however our house is in disarray and it's driving me a little bit crazy. We have furniture stuffed in the bedrooms and nothing besides a desk and piano in the living room/dining room since we are having an archway put in.
I think I'm tired! I'm glad to be feeling better, but I'm a little overwhelmed by my surroundings. I prefer an orderly house (although the new archway will make it easier to have it be orderly).
So, I haven't forgotten to be crafty...I've just had a hard time doing so with everything that has been going on. Here's to a new week (and knock on wood...no sick kids!)
Halloween Sampler Cross Stitch Patterns
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment